Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Meryl & Harold Take a Road Trip - In the Beginning

So, many of you know Elyse is enrolled in Grad School in California. Why you ask? Because she did not enough money to return to New Zealand, and California was as far away from us that she can go, without leaving the continental U.S. So I volunteered to drive her car, with all her worldly goods out to California, rather than having her make the drive by herself. But Meryl would not let me go by myself, She was afraid I would just buy a couple of bucket of KFC and drive straight through, as if. Anyway that is how Meryl and I came to be driving across the country, together, , , for a week, , , so we can be at the airport in Ontario CA when Eylse lands.

So today, August 21st, we left Middlesex at 7:00 AM. The middle of August is called the "Dog Days" because it is Hot and Humid. Except it was 58 degrees this morning and raining. As we drove through the mountains in Pennsylvania the clouds were so low we were above the rain and it was falling up!

So I am driving the first leg of the trip, and Meryl is so proud og herself because she has finally figured out how to read a road map. True it was a AAA Road Trip Map but she was reading it. And she knew what highway we were on, and which one we were looking for, and even knew the exit number. real good right. Except she took a side triop to "Meryl's World." You that place where the bunny rabbits all sit at the side of the road sign to you as you go by. So that is where Meryl was when I asked "What was the exit number again." She start fumbling with the papers and turns and points out the side window and says "That one."

Meryl of course denies this version of the events and will have her chance to tell her side of the story later. More to follow. - Harold

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love you guys! That's too funny. Somehow Michele, Elyse and I have a similar version of the story except it wasn't bunnies rather there were pirates and tractor trailers on our roads. That was our trip to Scranton, PA to see Eminem. I'm sure Meryl is doing a fine job of navigating you guys across country. Can't wait to hear her side. SAFE DRIVING!!

Stephanie

Briana said...

This is a GREAT blog! I definitely think you should considering blogging as a profession. I can't wait to keep reading...and I can't wait to see both of you in sunny California!

Anonymous said...

My beloved daughter recommended that I read your blog, and since Briana is always right and since I love Elyse, I did as I was told. And, glad I did. Fun, fun, fun!!!