Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Meryl & Harold Take a Road Trip - Part Deux

Ok sooo to set the record striaight I read the stupid map...I gave Harold the name and exit to get off ONCE. Those of you that know Harold well , know that if yiou tell hi something more than once he tends to get a little testy...so I thought I was done and did go into my world.

Heres day two: We got up very early to get a jump on the day.I went to go take a shower and there was no hot water. To say the least I was not very happy and.............upon checking out voiced my concern about the lack of hot water. Moral those who complain necley don't get chrged for the night. ( Harold was vwerrrrry happy about that)

Our mission was to get to Kansas City. We left columbus around 7am ( Oh almost forgot I only had a 1/2 cup of coffee)

This part are for my two favorite ladies in Dayton Ohio. Harold said that we wouldn't be near Dayton. Guess what he was WRONG this morning we drove past Dayton. He feels very bad we would have loved to have dinner with you two. Hope all is well and that you love being home.

On with the story: Harold started driving, so,, around 10 I started whining coffee (thank goodness we needed to get gas so we stopped and again I was very Happy. I then took over driving we drove from Ohio thru West Virgina (speed Limit 75 miles an hour Yippeee, Indiana, Illionois, Missouri ONLY PROBLEM IS THE STATES KEPT CHANGING SPEED LIMITS. BUT THEY DIDN'T GET ME, I PAID ATTENTION!!! I got to drive on Route 66 how cool is that, then over the Mississippi River. It was really pretty uneventful. We are really having a good time and I can't believe we are getting the opportunity to drive cross country. We haven't even tried to drive off leaving one of us at the rest stop. So I think all in all we are getting along pretty good.

We arrived in Kansas. the hotel is right across the street from The Kansas City Chiefs football Stadium.We will be hitting the road again in the morning. I think Colorado is the next stop....but I have to check with my tour director.

Meryl,

3 comments:

Elyse said...

I like Meryl's side of the story better. Good to hear that you are having fun and I won't be serving either of you divorce papers when I get off the plane. love you both.

Anonymous said...

On calling Meryl and Harold this morning to see if they were "there yet" I was so happy to hear both of them in the car. At this point I was sure one was going to be left at the rest stop and having to get in the car the Little Miss Sunshine way...
Love and miss you both!
Lynn

Anonymous said...

We ABSOLUTELY would have met you for dinner. Better than that, we'd have put you up for the night, in our fabulous guest bedroom. And our guest bathroom HAS hot water, I promise you that. You were driving right past us on 70 right? you wouldn't believe how close that is. Like 15 minutes in heavy traffic? sigh. Well, sweet Meryl, obviously what you always suspected was right, you're a more relaiable navigator than he gives you credit for. oh, and Harold's wrong.

love to you both, safe travels,

Rachel and Keri