Thursday, September 20, 2007

And Another Week Down

This week was the first full week for me, I went to class and worked 20 hours. Since I have both of my classes on Monday I basically spend the rest of the week doing the homework. I am putting a lot of effort into this first homework because I want to make sure my proofs are right. This homework is kind of like my first impression on the professor. He's heard me talk about math experience and now it's time for me to show it. I know, I know, it's just one homework assignment, but this is me and this is how I roll.

My job is pretty great. For fifteen hours of the week I just get to mess around a computer looking for articles and burning picture cds whenever anybody asks. The other five I do filing and apparently I am really good at it. The other intern went up to the boss and mentioned how fast I was. Who knew that was something I could put on my resume? Really fast filer.

The only downside to the job is that I have to dress up. By dress up I mean no jeans, no plaid shorts, no t-shirts. I have come a long way from 365 in '05*.

Tomorrow I am going to the LA County Fair again. This time I am going to try fried coke (the soda not the controlled substance; no Hollywood nose bleeds for me thanks). OH and I signed up for Yoga classes. The first one is next Wednesday...I will let you know how that goes...let's just say I'll be taking bean-o to circumvent my fears.

*365 in '05 was a dream of mine for my senior year of college. I hated to doing laundry throughout my undergrad. You never knew who was peeing or puking in the machines the night before. It got to the point that I would go an entire semester without doing laundry. If I ran out of something, like socks, I would just buy more. I also have a love of free t-shirts. Part of the reason I became an RA was because I knew that I would get lots of free t-shirts. I volunteered because each new project usually meant a free t-shirt. Let me break the math down for you:

Hatred of Laundry + Love of Free T-Shirts = 365 in '05,

an idea that I would wear a different t-shirt everyday for the entire year of 2005. The stipulation was that these t-shirts had to be free or bought at a salvation army. I did manage to acquire about 100 t-shirts but then a lack of closet space and a love for certain t-shirts caused me to stop the campaign.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for saying beano and not the hated word. although you could have said boomsie and everyone would have gotten it.

I don't know the rules of yoga but I think when you try and get up its ok to think Oy, but not say it.

Glad all is going sooooooooooo well.
Love you and misssssssssssss you
Mom

Anonymous said...

man im so excited you are taking yoga!!! its pretty cool, let me know what you think.

caitlin

Anonymous said...

So there's a link on my journal to yours now. Because we are connected.

http://drspookyfox.livejournal.com

~Scottrick