Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I am not freaking out but...

There is now less than a week before I leave for New Zealand and I just realized that due to the time changes I will be experiencing Tuesday, September 27 2005 does not exist for me. It will be skipped over in my time labeling system. That is weird. Also with less than a week left I realize how much I thought I was going to get done while I was home and still haven't, like applying to grad schools and unpacking.

I didn't think applying to grad school was going to be as hard as it is. I need to write a persuasive personal statement that will essentially say "Hey I have no idea what I want to do with a masters degree in math but I swear that if you let me go to your school I will figure out something productive to do with the degree by the time I leave that does not include just walking around and demanding that everyone call me Master Elyse Fosse." I know the applications will get done, but I also know that they won't be done before I leave. Thanks to my A+ procrastination I will be applying to grad schools from abroad, which actually isn't that hard thanks to the internet.

Some people have asked if I am packed yet. Packed?! haha I have yet to finish unpacking from my summer in Amherst. There is still some of my stuff sitting on a table in the basement. The little kid in me wants to just leave it there knowing that my Dad will threaten to throw it all out and my mom will put it all away for me instead. But no! As much fun as it would be to annoy my Dad from afar I will do the grown up thing and move everything...tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok so you did it to me again. Your room is a site to behold. Sooooooooo when you get back in six months from traveling around the world "You are grounded".
Miss you AGAIN !!!!!!!!!
Gotta love me,

Mom