Wednesday, September 14, 2005

same old same old for now

For now I am just hanging out in Jersey enjoying my friends and working at the ups store. In 12 days I will be on a plane for the first time since I was 8. Am I nervous? Not quite. Instead I have these weird anxieties. For instance, I'm not worried about where I am going to stay when I get to New Zealand(I have two nights booked at a hostel) but I am worried about tooting(farting, boompseing) while sleeping at the hostel. I am sharing my room at the hostel with strangers and I don't know how they will react to my bodily funcions. Another one: I'm not worried about finding a job but I am worried about being labeled the fat American girl. And the truth of it all is that I am really excited to go and travel. Everything is bought. Of course I'm not packed, that will happen the night before I leave.
There is still a lot to do before I leave. I've given up on bingo and have decided to try my luck in Atlantic City. I am also going to the Breakfast Club, a fabulous 80s dance club on Friday. I am still attempting to apply Grad Schools but the fact that the actual deadlines are a couple months away si making it harder for me to focus. Essentially my life is pretty relaxing right now and there are no real complaints, I am very thankful for that.

No comments: