Saturday, December 03, 2005

Just another drinking blog

Last night Ed and I had to close the shop. It was really slow and boring so Ed decided to open up a bottle of wine. He was having a house party that night so it was kind of like pre gaming. I know I know it is kind of bad ethics to drink while at work but I am on vacation in a different country and the lack of responsibility is nice. What are they gonna do, fire me? Anyway so I get back to the hostel after work and I run into a new guy that is cleaning for accomodation. I tell him about the house party and he tells me that the bar in the hostel is doing three dollar jose cuervo for the whole night. So me, Mark and his roommate go down and do some shots and then head to house party. I forgot that we could have gotten alcohol in the supermarket so we wander around Wellington for a bit finding a place buy some.

The house party was really fun. I was happy to just be hanging out with a bunch of Kiwis. Everyone was really friendly. It was nice to just be at a house instead of out at a bar. This guy Carmen was making a sangria-like drink that was incredible. As I was walking home at four am, without getting lost, I decided that I wasn't going to work for accomodation this morning. Instead I took the morning off and slept until I went to work at 1pm. I was hung over but not a bad hang over...just a headache and some of you know that that isn't bad for me.

I really do like working at Eat. It's definitely a job I never would have done at home and I like that it adds to the uniqueness of my experience. I will be glad though when the job is over. It's a little too much regularity sometimes. I am getting restless almost. I want to start travelling around again. It will happen soon enough though.

I don't really have any plans yet for Christmas. One of the guys who is working for accomodation, Mark, is planning on heading back up North to Whitianga, which was one of the first stops that I did on the Kiwi bus. He invited me along. He plans on staying there for a bit and then being in Wellington for New Year's. It's a possibility. I don't think I am going to make a decision on what I am going to do until the week before.

Speaking of planning, I have been superproductive and have already booked my accomodation for Fiji. I was able to book a private double bed room with ensuite for a week in a hostel on the beach for less than 200 US dollars. They also do free airport transportation. So that part of the trip is figured out. Whoo hoo.

Sadly I received news from Adena that my fish, Obtuse, has died. He was 11 months old and a very good beta fish. He now joins his brother, Acute, in the beta fish netherworld. Unlike Acute, Obtuse did not get stuck underneath a castle and suffocate. Apparently he died peacefully.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, sounds like good times as usual!! Your two fish can also join my beta fish in the netherword. His name was Mr. Fish, haha!! At least you weren't hungover and barfing, I know you all too well! HAHA. I hope you have a great xmas, no matter what you do. And Fiji sounds awesome!!
I'll keep you updated on my sitch. ttyl!!
~Erin

Anonymous said...

Ok soooooooooooo you had a really good time at the party and it was 4AM you walked home and didn't get lost. YOU DIDN"T WALK HOME BY YOURSELF RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do remember you are right around the corner from a brothel.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cause I love you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Hmm Fiji sounds wonderful as we just had our first snowfall of the season. Love your drinking stories however I don't think Meryl appreciates them much. LOL! I will have a moment of silence for the passing of Obtruse. TTYL!

Miss you,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Sounds like your having a great time. I have been out of touch for the past month and just got the hat you sent me. I wanted to thank you, its awesome.

When you come back I owe you as many beers as you can drink. I can afford the two beers you can drink in one evening.

Call your Mom, she loves you and misses you!!

Thanks,
Oscar Meyer

PS...I still think the name needs to be passed on to you for your Ipod episode.