Monday, February 13, 2006

Wanaka update and random pics

There really isn't much to do in Wanaka besides sit by the lake and enjoy the view. I did a walk around the lake which was nice. Another thing that I have done is go to the local movie theater. It is called cinema paradiso and is great. There are no movie seats, just couches and they back cookies that you can buy at intermission. That's right. Each movie has an intermission where you can chug on some free water or buy a beer. Me I just stick with the cookies. They are delicious.

There is another girl that got off of the Kiwi bus and is leaving tomorrow. Her name is Beatrice. We were talking in the kitchen today when one of the receptionists walks in and asks if either of us wants to work for accomodation today since they are understaffed. I said sure but that I had to finish my coffee first. Before she left the reception just asked my name and I told her. Then i turned to Beatrice and said that it wouldn't be the first time I worked for accomodation, I had done it in Wellington at Base Backpackers. Beatrice's eyes lit up and she said "So you're the Elyse!" I was a little confused. She explained that she had worked for accomodation at Base right after I left and that everyone had kept on asking her if she knew me. Apparently they talked about me and told her my plans and everything. And every time she met someone knew they asked if she knew elyse. Hahah it even turns out that when we were in Franz Josef someone asked if she knew me! In Germany there is a drinking song that has the chorus "Who the F* is Alice?" Beatrice is German and as she was relaying to me how popular I was she ended by singing the chorus of the song. We both laughed a lot and then I thanked her for giving my ego a huge boost. We then started talking about the people back in Wellington and it turns out my window war guy is still in Wellington and still closing the window every night.

I leave Wanaka tomorrow and head for Queenstown. Queenstown is known as the adventure capital of the world so use your imaginations to figure out what I am going to there! (Hint: I haven't done it before). After Queenstown I will see penguins and take lots of pictures I swear. Here are just some pics from the last couple of months. Peace out!





My Christmas Card for next year.







Ed and Kirstee

The view from my tent at the first camp site that I stayed at for a night.

My tent at my campsite in Napier where I stayed for two weeks

The beach in Napier where I soaked up the sun

Mike from the tent pegs story

The first Mainfreight truck that gave me a free ride to Auckland for the Big Day Out

Me feeling very excited and wicked cool that I am going to ride in the front of a truck

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what are you telling us, that New Zealand is voting you Most Popular? I don't beleive it. You've become, as Carly Simon says, "..a legend in your own time!" And the picture of Mike from the Tent Peg Story almost looks familiar. Love you and see you soon.

Anonymous said...

YAY for pictures for you as well. Pictures make my day. Tent peg Mike looks exactly like my neighbor ... I wonder if your dad knows my neighbor haha!

My guess is basejumping .... you are going to basejump .... or bungee jump ... but it's some kind of jumping!

I better get one of those christmas card next year ... HILARIOUS! I'm counting down the says till April 2.

Anonymous said...

Ok so you really liked hanging out with Mike the tent peg guy. You do realize who he looks like.

Only you get a job halfway around the world and leave people talking. Cleaning yet. Boy you are in trouble when you get home. There will be a case of windex waiting.I love it.

I love you And MISS YOU

Anonymous said...

Elyse Fosse! Can i have your autograph!! AHHHH!!! haha, nice to hear you've become famous on the other side of the world!! AND I'm soo excited for your christmas card next year, i am soo proud that you are using the things we sent you for christmas!! Glad that you enjoyed them!! take care!
~Erin