Friday, October 14, 2005

Bored in Taupo

Being bored is a good thing. At least I am being bored in New Zealand right? There are no jobs in Taupo until a month from now but I don't want to wait that long and it looks like it will be hard to find a flat around here. So it looks like I am heading to Wellington. I can't leave yet though because a package is being sent here that I have to wait for. Of course I left stuff at home, including my contacts, so that package is on its way. Hopefully it will get here by Wednesday so that I can be in Wellington on Friday. Wellington is the capital of NZ and looks like there are lots of jobs there so that's encouraging. And it looks like there are a lot of flats around which is good too. It's not that I am strapped for cash or anything yet but I do want to create some sort of home base for myself. Travelling around is fun but when you are sharing a room with five strangers it does get tedious sometimes.

So for the time being while I am in Taupo I am going on walks, when it isn't raining, and working on my grad school applications. Those should be done on Wednesday so at least that's something accomplished while I am bored.

Meeting people in the hostel is a little hard since everyone is coming in as groups from buses. People are nice but they all leave within two days so it's not like we all get to hang out. It's all good though, I am catching up on my reading.

Today I am going to these mudpools that look craters from the moon so that should be cool (as long as I don't get lost). I should be able to put pictures up within the next two weeks. I just need to figure out how to do it. Happy Weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures, pictures, pictures. I keep hearing about pictures, but never get to see any. You of course might say to me that you are still waiting for me to get your High School Graduation pictures developed, but it is not about ME,,,,IT ALL ABOUT YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't wear your flip-flops to the mudhole...I'm such an aunt!
Enjoy your weekend, too!!
YFA

Anonymous said...

OMG, I've been so busy the last week that I just caught up on all of your adventures. I'm so jealous. I want to go to NZ now. WHY NOT ME. I want to see glowing maget poo and I want to skydive and do the things with the wetsuite on in the cave. I can't wait to see pics. I'll send you an email about what's been up with me but I just have to say that I think this is awesome. Maybe Steph and I can go to NZ.

Briana said...

so, right now i have free internet on this ship in the middle of the indian ocean, but unfortunately, my computer is just about out of batteries. so i don't have time to read your blog right now, but i am definitely coming back soon! for now, just know i'm thinking about you and hoping you're having a good time!!

Anonymous said...

bored in new jersey...we miss you fosse. i got all my costume ready for Frylock. well, i got all the stuff, now i just need to make it. ellery's is having a contest on saturday the 29th. i think im gonna walk over from aaron's house, walk around the bar, have everyone be amazed by my skills, and then just walk out. i'll be under the influence of alcohol of course, and i'll yell "im already the winner" before i leave to consume more at aaron's. im genious. just not as good as you. be safe. i miss you. *bre*

Elyse said...

I think that is an excellent idea Bre.