Monday, October 31, 2005

News

First off, I finally found a replacement for my US Weekly obsession. There is a magazine here called NW Weekly. It's perfect. The cover this week was celebrities without their makeup. It doesn't have the quotes from the celebs like US Weekly, but instead it has sarcastic captions to pictures. It's pretty funny. It's trashier than US Weekly but it'll do. I know most of you don't care about my mag obsession but there are a few out there who will enjoy this knowledge.

Halloween is not a big deal in NZ at all. I saw not one kid dressed up and trick or treating. I think part of the reason is because they don't have a Thanksgiving so it's basically Halloween and then they wait two months for Christmas. So it's not like the start of a holiday season or anything.

I might actually have gotten a job. It's not for sure yet. The zoo cafe called back and I went in for an interview today. The manager, Chris, was wicked chill but when he found out that I didn't have any waitressing experience he was kind of disappointed. So I am now going in on Friday for 2 hours as a trial run. He said he will make a decision after it. I am not too worried about it but any suggestions will be appreciated.

Short and quick. I want to know how Halloween was on the Jersey end of things. I am sure some of you have plenty of stories. Peace out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the Halloween around the world web site they list: In New Zealand they celebrate Guy Fawkes Day as the day for Halloween. It is popularly a night for mischief and is called Mischief Night or Danger Night, which is on November 5th.

Just thought you might want to know. Good luck with the job!

Mr. A

Anonymous said...

HEYYY,
You know i am one of the people that cares about the magazine situation!!! And I love the ones with stars without their make up! Halloween was crazy in NYC, haha! Don't worry though, I will send you a full report in an actual email! We are getting the pics back in a little bit, yay! Wonder Woman took on the world! Have fun relaxing while you can!
ttyl
~*~Erin~*~

Anonymous said...

I dressed up as Ace Frehely from Kiss and Scott, Curry and Kelly made up the rest of the band. I'll send pics to your email address. We looked good. We went to a house party and then finished the night at the Firehouse. It was good times! Make sure you celebrate or participate or whatever you do to Mischeif/Danger night.

Miss you,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

OMG, I haven't checked your blogger in a week and I can't believe what I'm reading. I'm so sorry about your phone and iPod getting stolen. That is so violating. As usual, you take the high road, I would've searched for that jerk that took them. LOL. I'm glad you may have found a job, in a Zoo, at a Cafe, sounds perfect if you ask me. You should definately get those tix to that concert. Even I rememeber you saying you wanted to see them. Get a job, so you can get a place and a PO Box. My stack of post cards is growing.

Michele