Thursday, November 03, 2005

Boo on the Zoo

An hour before I was supposed to go to my try out at the zoo(that sounds weird) I got a phone call from the manager. He had to post pone until next Friday. Booo. It's frustrating. So now it's back to submitting applications until next Friday. The weird thing is is that I am not even guaranteed the job. So it makes no sense to depend on the zoo job. I contacted bunac (the company that hooked me up with my work visa) because they have a job search company set up here. Hopefully they can help with my job search. Essentially if I don't find anything promising by next weekend I think I might have to leave Wellington. I don't really want to leave. It seems like a cool place to hang around in for awhile. Since I have absolutely nothing to do I spend my days just wandering around the city. It's really eclectic. I like it.

So for the next week it's vacuuming and wandering. At least I found some nice beaches so I can work on my tan.

One good thing that came out of all of this free time is that my grad applications are completely done. Nothing else is needed from me. Well nothing besides me nagging my recommenders and worrying about rejections. I won't find out anything until I get home so there really is no use worrying about it. I am still going to worry even though it is futile. I wouldn't be me if I didn't.

Tomorrow is Guy Fawkes day. That means fireworks. And they aren't illegal here. I can buy them at the supermarket. Don't worry. I may jump out of planes but I know me and fires and I am sticking to sparklers. I figure tomorrow I will go and hang out down by the beach and watch the fireworks that the city puts on. It should be good.

I am going to try to put up the rest of pictures tomorrow so look out for them.

So yes I am fustrated about not having a job. This budgeting and cooking thing is for the birds. But as I get fustrated and yes maybe even a little homesick I just look at my pictures and I can't help but smile. I am enjoying what I am doing and I can't believe half of the stuff I have already done. I guess working on my tan for a bit isn't a bad deal. I just need to find a good cheap book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey,

Have you checked to see if the Zoo might need some help working with the animals and stuff? You might be surprised. Guy Fawkes, wasn't he a highwayman or something? Can't wait for the pictures, the first 2 sets were awesome!