Monday, November 07, 2005

The freckles are out

Instead of vacuuming for accomodation today I had to do something much worse....bathrooms! I had to scrub the showers. It was not fun. The only good thing that came out of it is that it motivated me to job hunt some more. Ughh I still can't believe I scrubbed showers. Backpackers are dirty dirty people who apparently do shower and leave all of their dirt there. What's worse I will probably be doing the same tomorrow. Some big honcho is coming to check up on the hostel so everything has to be clean. I have to give the shower doors streak free shines! I am not too good at it which is weird since we all know my mom can do streak free in her sleep. I guess cleaning is not embedded in DNA.

After the whole shower cleaning terribleness I handed in some more job applications and then went to the beach. I just hung out and soaked up the sun. The freckles are out! It was good and relaxing. I read a lot and just people watched.

As for the job I still haven't really heard back from anyone. The places that I have stopped into to check up on have said that they aren't making any decisions yet. But we'll see. I still have the zoo try out on Friday so hopefully something will come of that. And now that I am on shower duty I am seriously thinking about getting a flat once I get a job. Forget saving money. Not scrubbing showers is worth way more to me than a bed at the hostel. Hopefully the day will never come where they expect me to, uggh, do the toilets. Let's not forget I am here for a vacation!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok now I'm really loving this. You scrubbing showers. Oy !!!! Now you know what I have been telling you each time you go to take a shower at noon and I say "Please clean up I just cleaned the bathroom.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Elyse!!!!!!
so i just caught up on your life down under via your blog. your trip sounds awesome and your pictures are great. it was good to hear your voice again/read your voice again. hope all stays well; ill be checking this more!
catie cumbie

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for you to come home so you can clean my house. Who knew you would become domesticated in NZ. LOL! Love the pics! Esp your peace on at the end. What about that Mischief night thing? Wouldn't that have been last weekend?

Miss you,
Stephanie