Friday, November 04, 2005

Picalicious

A waterfall that we walked to before leaving Tangariro National Park. This is the park that has Mount Doom from Lord of the Rings.

Waterfall


These were the beds we had to sleep in. Four on top. Four on bottom. There were four bunks all together. It was an interesting night.

Just playing cards and drinking (actually drinking lots since we all have to sleep in giant beds together tonight)

The Englishmen!! I have no idea what Alan is doing to Nathan

Some people from the Kiwi bus just chillin at River Valley where I went rafting

An English man named Alan and my favorite Kiwi beer, Tui

One of my Kiwi bus drivers, Dallas

This is the pic he told me to send home to mom.

A giant shell that was found in NZ. It dates back millions of years and is said to be unique to NZ alone. PS there term for Pangea which was what we call the connected continents is Gwondalaland

A bull made of cans on display at Te Papa museum

Never far

Duckies

Doesn't it look fake? I still think it does

Still haven't figure out how to rotate pics

OK so now it doesn't look so fake

Zebra!

A bear

An Emu(or maybe it's an ostrich, I don't remember)

Kangaroos from Alan's point of view

Kangaroos from my point of view

A view of Wellington from the zoo

An English man named Nathan with a giant fake Kiwi bird at the zoo

Nathan thought he looked scary so...

he tried to look cool

Flo, my German roomie from Auckland who I met up with again in Wellington

Alan and me in the hostel kitchen

An English man named Ben

Wellington from the top of Mount Victoria...

...when I look straight ahead...

...when I look to the right...

...when I look to the left

Peace out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are awesome. Your right the bird did look fake but scarier then that so did the bear. It has the cutest face.

Brooklyn ?????? In New Zealand what are the odds? You getting a t-shirt with Brooklyn NZ on it.Keep the pictures coming. they make me happpppppppppppy.
Love Mom

Love
Mom