Sunday, November 27, 2005

Nightmares

This is the busy season for the hostel right now. In fact it is completely booked so I now have seven people in my room. I didn't really get a chance to talk to them last night. I vacuumed in the morning until 1 and then went straight to the burger place until 10:30pm. I fell asleep before anyone else got into the room. Around 3 am I hear one of the girls say "What the f? Get the f off of me!" We all wake up and the girl says how her nose is bleeding. We turn on the lights and she is standing in the middle of the room looking really scared. Apparently while she was sleeping she felt this weight on her face. She said it felt like someone was holding her down.
She thought the bunk above her fell on her. But nothing hit her face, which made it even weirder that her nose was bleeding. It was pretty weird. I also just finished reading a book The Lovely Bones. I highly recommend it. It's really good. It's about a girl who dies and how her spirit world interacts with earthly world as her family grieves. Having read that book and then have this random girl in my room say that she felt like someone was holding her down when on one was their really freaked me out. I don't know. Maybe my room is haunted by a disgruntled backpacker who just wanted a good night sleep.

Nothing else new. Today and tomorrow are my days off from the burger place. I spent today in a coffee place drinking some flat whites and reading which was great. I have no set plans for tomorrow and I like it that way. Hope Thanksgiving was fun...now back to work all of you!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Random nose-bleeders huh? You are definitely seeing some weird stuff over there. Thanksgiving was good at AC's. Thanksgiving eve was fun at the Firehouse with Christi, Tim, Michele and the guys. And my highlight of the weekend was dropping my cell phone in the toilet and having to purchase a new one even though the one I had was near perfect. Guess that's it! Work stinks like usual. Sometimes I'd rather work at a burger joint myself. LOL! TTYL

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Hmm, what happened to that girl is really odd... I read that book The Lovely Bones a couple of years ago, it was really good! ttyl!
~Erin